Translate

Monday 1 April 2013

The Journey Begins

With just under a month to go, the anxiety & excitement about what lies ahead, in terms of my cycling adventure through Italy is being to rise. Airline tickets have been bought, accommodation booked & my training regime is beginning to show results, which helps to a certain extent with the trepidation about what lies ahead.

On that note, I would like to thank both Conan & Mark from Lead Out Cycling from establishing a program which has already seen my endurance, fitness & speed improve quite markedly. Hopefully I will be able to fly their jersey with distinction as I ride up the Passo dello Stelvio, not that I am necessarily expecting to win any Strava segments on that particular climb.....

Whilst there is still a considerable amount of preparation & training which will still need to occur over the course of the next few weeks, I do believe that things are beginning to fall into place. Of course, you can play your part in this little adventure, by making a donation towards "The Kids' Cancer Project" via The Kids Cancer Project Donation Page which would make my hard work climbing the various hills in Italy all that much more worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment