Translate

Friday 3 May 2013

Outward Bound

With only a week to go before things get serious, I am writing today’s blog in Singapore.

Now whilst I've been riding regularly during the last fortnight or so, with some of the ride data having been uploaded into Strava and from there made available for viewing on the panel on the right hand side of this screen, what I have realised however is that I haven't uploaded any of the video collected from my Contour Helmet camera. Looks like that's something that I will have to rectify on my first training ride in Italy.....
Just hope I don't do anything silly on this ride, such as riding on the wrong side of the road or what have you. If I do, close your eyes (particularly if you see any cars approaching me at speed) as I will have done something similar. 

Now as some people have asked as to how am I getting my bike over to Italy I thought I'd show you another little investment I made a couple of months ago. Essentially, I purchased an Evoc Bike Bag, in anticipation of this ride and wanting to ensure that my steed arrived safe & sound rather than popping it into a bike box 

With wheels removed and the handlebars detached from the headset, bikes suddenly decrease in size quite markedly, not that the baggage handlers at the various airports may necessarily agree. At any rate, here's what happens when you make the minor modifications mentioned.

Wheels meanwhile, fit in their own external pockets, on each side of the main case, like so.....


Sure I added a bit of additional padding after taking the above photos, it's now just a case of keeping my fingers crossed, that it was enough, that the baggage handlers are all cyclists and that my bike arrives safe & sound in Palermo on the same flight as myself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment