Translate

Friday 31 May 2013

Roma to Capidomnte

I must admit I'm a little bamboozled as to what I think of Rome... I mean, we've had two days to explore the place and whilst I made sure as to visit some of the obligatory sightseeing places, like the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Spanish Steps (still not sure what the appeal is with them) and the Trevi Fountain - I won't be able to upload any photos till I get home. 

I also spent a bit (and maybe too much) time looking for a better bike computer - I think I've got a bit of bike bling envy. 

That said, whilst the weather over the last couple of days had been good, the rain started coming down this morning but despite this we were all very keen to get on our bikes and on the road again.... and with Rome being a "transition stage" there'd been a few changes within the peleton, as some riders departed to return to their "normal" lives and others joined us for tour upto Lake Como. 

I think the biggest impact of all of this though was that it added to the air of anticipation & excitement, making the rainfall some irrelevant. Fortunately however the weather cleared as the morning wore on and the rain had completely stopped by the time we got to our lunch stop near Lago di Vico. 

A good feed was definitely needed, given that the route home to our campsite in Capodimonte included a climb with sections in the vicinity of 16%. Just so glad I'd invested in a rear cluster (gears) with a 28 cog sprocket.

The photo below was taken from my tent in Capodimonte across Lago di Balsena.  





No comments:

Post a Comment