Translate

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Canazei to Latsch

Sorry folks, no photos today although I did record on my helmet camera the entire decent from Passo Costalunga at an altitude of 1728 metres into Bozen at around 289 metres which represents (If I am doing my maths correctly) a drop in approximately 1423 metres over a distance of 26 kilometres, which I believe equates to a gradient decline of around 5.5%. I will try to get that up on this site, along with some of the other recordings, shortly.

As you can imagine, being in the Dolomite's with snow capped peaks on either side of the valley and at the top of our one and only climb for the day, was amazingly spectacular. Very enjoyable scenery, made all that much better by the fact that the roads were all in good condition, the corners on the down hill running predominately sweeping and very open, hence easy to pick a line to follow and the sun was out (been awhile since that has lasted all day)!

Admittedly however I must confess that even I found it hard work after awhile, pushing the peddles over at a great rate of knots, during the descent so as to get to the bottom as fast as possible, though that is certainly not a whinge or a compliant. I would quite quickly & easily be conned into doing it all over again, but alas our journey marches on.....

Today's route, including the descent all cyclist's dream of - Canazei to Latsch

No comments:

Post a Comment