Translate

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Quito - Tuesday 29/7/14

Whilst I've felt a little guilty that I've not gone and done some of the touristy things that are to be done in Quito, I take solace in knowing that, it's bought me a bit of time to relax and get myself organised for the next four months of cycling! Hopefully as a result I'll thus be in a far better position to take advantage of the rest days and to be a "tourist" than if I'd madly rushed around trying to take in all the sights of Quito!

Now that said, I did however head out to Basílica del Voto Nacional earlier today, to see the wonderful structure that it is! 

Essentially it's the largest neo-Gothic Roman Catholic church in the Americas and is located in the historic centre of Quito.




Whilst it is apparently possible to climb (via a rickety wooden ladder) up the Bell Tower for an awe inspiring view of Quito, my nerves got the better of me! I might have been able to convince myself to climb up if I'd been able to take photos of the views with my proper camera, but it's not a good idea to tell or show the world you have anything of value, in these parts!

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics of the cathedral. I imaging it would be tough lugging all your camera gear up that ladder

    ReplyDelete