Translate

Thursday 7 August 2014

Ingapirca to Cuenca

Today like quite a number of other riders, I opted for the truck. Whilst my excuse is that I suffered severe cramp for most of the night, I think I managed two or three hours sleep in total, a number of my colleagues seem to have been struck down by some form of stomach bug.




I suspect I suffered last night, as a result of a rookie mistake - Not drinking sufficient water during the ride, the day before. Whilst I had a bidon with me and a half full Camelbak for the first half of the ride (I was empty by the time I got there) and had made the situation even worse than it needed be, by not taking some loose change, small denomination notes! I only had a USD $20 which could just about by half a milkbar not that I passed many! 


The wearing of bike helmets in the truck is not mandatory and I don't think this is quite what Rob or Wilbert would have envisaged occurring so early in the trip!

As a result I've made the mental note to myself to (A) Make 100% sure all my water containers are full and (B) That I've got some loose change for whatever situation may arise!


1 comment:

  1. Good plan! I think a banknote or two permanently in the saddlebag is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete