Translate

Wednesday 27 August 2014

PN Huascaran to Huallanca

Having done a bit of bush camping now, I've got to say we've (Carmen, Julia and myself) have become a fairly adept team when it comes to putting our tents up and so on.

I just hope it won't rain as it did last night! I woke up this morning to find the end of my sleeping bag damp / wet where it had rubbed up against the tent material during the night. The only blessing I suppose is that I hadn't felt / noticed it during the night. That's one vote for Mont Adventure Equipment sleeping bag. 

I gotta say whilst I'm looking forward to checking into a hotel tomorrow night, hopefully it will have a hot shower, cause right now, I do smell a little, as do most (if not all) of my colleagues, I might add..... 


As for today's activities, well I trucked it once again, still not feeling too flash hot. The worst of my cold / flu seems to be behind me, not that I'd advocate camping in below zero temperatures as a means of a curing a cold, but what the heck. No more headache a blood pressure that feels like it's returned to normal. Heck, I'd be laughing right now, if only I could only stop barking up my lungs up!


Trucking it today meant at least I was to be able to pay a visit to Huanuco Pampa. It's an Inca site somewhat midway between Machu Pichu and Tomebamba (now referred to as Cuenca in Ecuador) which these days is seemingly rarely visited given it's location, etc.

It was an interesting site, though isn't greatly appreciated or understood partly I suspect because the Incas left very little in the way of written text and it's a culture / history that hasn't had the interest or funding for archaeological research that other historical cultures, such as the Egyptians / Romans have enjoyed. Maybe one day it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment