Translate

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Oruro to Andamarca

Whilst still feeling a little techy I decided that I'd better get on my bike and ride it before it began to feel a little unloved or unwanted, on top of which the idea of catching the lunch truck or what have you, just didn't seem all that appealing. 

As a result I headed off into the wilderness....

What I didn't I wasn't to discover till much later in the day and after some eighty or ninety kilometres of riding was that the lunch truck had been delayed in Oruro by police because it had apparently brought down a power line (the bikes sit up fairly high off the ground) whilst driving out of town. 

Fortunately Rob & Wilbert had bought out a little cafe / shop in the only village we were to pass through for the day and I'm so glad they did cause it was a little bit of hard work on the unpaved roads, particularly given that it had began to get hot as the day wore out!



Rien wondering where the hell he left his bike!



Obviously it wasn't in amongst this little collection.

Once a refreshingly cool coke / fanta and some biscuits were consumed, we all pretty much headed out of town as a peleton, which also unfortunately gave rise for the opportunity for Rien to spark Julia and I into competition when we came across a short sharp hill, and I think we both startled the daylights out of the rest of the group, by riding up it like madmen! 

It's all a bit of fun though and once we got to the top, we both fell about in laughter at the fact that we'd both been spurred into action by someone who wasn't even involved and just wanted to see how crazy we both were..... Very, I think being the answer!




No comments:

Post a Comment