Translate

Saturday 29 November 2014

El Cafalate

I'm being to feel that whilst organising to get around Peru & Bolivia may be more intimidating in a way, it's probably easier and without some of the difficulties that Argentina throws at you..... Whether that's cause it seems to be a more "direct" booking system, with a it being a face to face transaction or not, I don't know. Admittedly, I didn't try to purchase bus tickets on line in either Peru or Bolivia as I did in Argentina where I nearly became unstuck..

My reason for saying this is that whilst I was able (after an hour or so of mucking around) to be able to book my bus tickets to and from El Cafalate on the internet, I was unable to print them off the bus lines system, nor save them as a PDF file or what have you, a situation that the staff at Bariloche's bus station were able to rectify (for a small fee) for the trip down.

I ended up with no end of hassles trying to get the same sort of assistance in El Cafalate however. Fortunately I had retained a screen dump of everything I had done during the booking process, with which I was eventually able to convince the staff in El Calafate that I should be heading back to Bariloche on a ticket that had already been paid for using their own website.....

Phew. Nice town it may be.... but I had places to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment