Translate

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Ensenada to Puerto Varas

I stayed at a B&B, called Hamilton's Place, in Ensenada last night and I've got to say it was a fantastic

I had probably the best salmon, I've ever had anywhere, bar perhaps some of the stuff I've cooked at home for myself (which I suspect is my way of acknowledging, that I need to get back into the kitchen)!

had a wonderful conversation (lasting long into the night) with my hosts, before subsequently retiring to a very warm and comfortable bed and unfortunately though, that proved to be part of my downfall cause with the rain drizzling down, I deferred the start of my day by an hour or so, with the idea of simply lazing under the doona proving too appealing.

When I finally arose and ambled downstairs to the dining / lounge room, I was greeted by some juice, some scrambled eggs and a couple of pancakes accompanied a cuppa tea. T'was, yum!

At any rate, it was still only nine thirty by the time I'd finished up, and I still had plenty of time for me to do the 60-80 kilometres I had in mind doing, before then finding myself some accommodation for the night and More importantly somewhere to grab a bite to eat. 

What I didn't count on though, is still being there three or four hours later still chatting. Some people could chat the hind leg off a dog! Seriously though, it was getting a bit of perspective on what it's like for an ex-pat from Canada to live in a country such as Chile.

As a result it was a bit of reluctance and the sight of grey clouds approaching that I decided to jump on the bike. 



Whilst I rode as fast as I could, I ultimately got caught out, some ten kilometres from the town of Puerto Varas in the rain when it started to bucket down. With it went my aspirations of cycling on to Puerto Monte (and the Pacific Ocean) but the idea of spending another hour or so in the rain not really doing anything for me. 



Maybe I'll visit it tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment