Translate

Sunday 2 November 2014

Ruta 40 to Malargue

Okay so I cheated a little bit and skipped the first 30-40 kilometres of unpaved road and started the days ride once the route got us back on to the tarmac. Route 40. A road incidentally that I'm led to believe is the most infamous (longest) road in Argentina running the full length of the country from the border with Bolivia in La Quiaca to our final destination, in Ushuaia.

Anyhow I digress. Essentially the reason I skipped the first few kilometres, was that during the night the temperature was close to, if not, zero. Apparently a few flakes of snow had fallen whilst most of us slept, not that we awoke to any being on the ground, though the mountains in the distance certainly got a fairly good downfall. 

I'd like to be able to show you a picture of what I awoke to this morning but my camera battery was so cold that I was unable to take any shots. I'm going to have to devise away round that in the next few days before we ride into Patagonia where it's going to be seriously cold for long stretches of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment