Translate

Sunday 19 March 2017

European Adventure Update No.1

I've a slight confession to make. Whilst part of the reason for contemplating a trip through Europe is to stretch the legs, to visit some countries / places I've yet to explore, to catch up with some old friends and to revisit some cities or sights that I've previously enjoyed, part of it is also with a view to finding somewhere new to settle. 

Whilst I may reside in what is touted as being the "Most Liveable City in the World", I'm not so sure that holds true at present, hence the increasing attraction to the idea of moving to either Sicily (Italy) or Tenerife (Spain), not that either are on my proposed route. 

So what's the appeal with these island destinations, I hear you ask? 

Well! The moderate year round temperature, the more relaxed way of life, the difference in the cost of living relative to Australia, the opportunity to start life "afresh" and perhaps most importantly because of the cohesive / friendly manner in which European motorists interact with cyclists, as opposed to the sometimes aggressive / hostile behaviour that occurs here in Australia.

2 comments:

  1. An island location with a year round moderate temp sounds awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is of course the added bonus of being able to start life afresh.

      New friends, new challenges, new opportunities, a few fears but most importantly the ability to put my past behind me and to try something new.

      Delete