Translate

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Tour de Burbs

Having recently returned to Melbourne, and feeling somewhat reminiscent for the good old days, I decided to take a wander down memory lane and do a bit of a tour of the area where I grew up. I mean it is where my love of the bike first began......

Initially when as a young lad, where I did a paper round, for many years (often spending as much time reading the paper as delivering it) and where I also used my bike to get to from A to B, whether that be to friend's places, the tennis courts where I played comps, or what have you....

It's also where I was based when I undertook some of the inaugural Bicycle Victoria organised rides. Rides they put on before the Around the Bay in a Day concept came about, etc... That was of course, till the fateful day I decided to participate in one Bicycle Victoria's first ever "Ride to Work" Days. Sure I managed to get to work I just didn't make it all the way home... 🚲 🚗 .... 🚑

The streets of Camberwell only became my ride training area many years later, when I decided to "try again" and bought myself a new bike, never envisioning of course, that I'd one day find myself riding in overseas, as I've done in Italy and parts of Latin America, or that it would become such an integral part of my life that I'd want to continue riding around the world..... I have to say, it's funny where life takes you at times..... At any rate, the link below will hopefully give you an idea of where it all began....



Oh and just by way of a little update, I managed to fulfill my weekly goal in three out of the four weeks in February, but I didn't get anywhere near doing the 800 KM's I'd been hoping to do, during the month. Ah well, shit happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment