Translate

Sunday 12 May 2013

Agrigento to Gerace


A series of steady climbs took us back into the central part of Sicily. A variety of terrain and rural scenery presented us with some very memorable kilometres on quiet roads. The road surfaces are a little bit dodgy at times, but I tell you what, I wouldn't be dead for quids. 

I mean sure, I've got myself lost a few times, but I've got to confess that also proved a great opportunity to pop into a bar a beer or two.... Too warm for a coffee! 

Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, no matter what..... 


Just some of the scenery I managed to enjoy as I rolled through town...


I've got to say I really enjoyed today's ride Agrigento to Gerace the weather has been great to say nothing of the fact that it's been nothing more than a series of rolling hills. 

In saying that, I'm not necessarily looking forward to tomorrow's distance / profile, I believe in speaking to a few of the chaps who've done this tour before, it's just a tad difficult.




No comments:

Post a Comment