Translate

Monday 20 May 2013

Villaggio Mancuso to Sibari

This is the bulk of our motley crew as we check out of our hotel looking forward to the day ahead. One which was to result in us coming off the top of our mountain peak get away and back down to sea level. That doesn't mean to say however that there wouldn't be a few climbs as we rode along the ridge line. Refer to the profile Villaggio Mancuso to Sibari


The view of Lago di Cecita o Mocuno  where we stopped for lunch


Further along the road after lunch, I came across this wonderful little setting, which highlight's just how lush things are in this part of the world, at the same time gives you a bit of an idea of the mountain range where we'd started the day.


The tour organizer - Wilbert - took the opportunity today to "test-out" a short cut that someone had pointed out on the map. What he probably didn't take into consideration is that whilst it cut 20-30 kilometres off the route, it added about an additional 500 climbing metres. What makes matters even worse, is that as a result of all the additional climbing, there was snow on the ground / road purportedly five or six feet deep.

Now I don't normally take photos of power poles, what I was trying to capture but couldn't was the fact that there was snow on a couple of the mountain peaks in the distance.


It wasn't long after the aforementioned photo was taken, that I turned towards the right, and onto the road which was to take me down to our beach side resort. Unfortunately I don't have any footage (still) from my helmet camera, not that the little villages or townships through which I rode were particularly scenic or for that matter memorable. All I know is that whilst everyone was raving about the joys of this ride home, I got stuck behind a bus who was having difficulty negotiating some of the tight corners (hence slowing me down) and nor would he let me past.

Ah well, nothing better than soaking up some exhaust fumes for 20-30 minutes or so!



No comments:

Post a Comment