Translate

Sunday 3 August 2014

Latacunga to Riobamba

Still feeling a little shit following yesterday's ride (my knee was sore from riding with an improper cadence) along with a bit of breathlessness, a headache and a somewhat elevated heart rate I suspect from the altitude, I decided despite looks of disapproval from several of my colleagues to jump on the bus, from Latacunga to Riobamba. It's a little disheartening, to have spent 50% of the trip on the truck to date and certainly not the way I envisaged things to work out, but hey - Shit happens!

On the positive side though it did mean that I got to visit a local food market, the aromas of which were just terrific! Some of the fruit and vegetables on sale were things I'd never seen (or for that matter even heard about)!




As a result despite feeling a little disheartened / hollow at not riding, even part of the way, I really can't grumble because it enabled me to visit the market, and to experience another element of what life is like in South America! 

1 comment: