Translate

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Alausi to Chunchi


After yesterday's wonderful experience, albeit only half a day's riding I couldn't help but to feel enthusiastic about riding today, even if it was going to be sharp & steep ascent from the outset. Alausi is situated in a bowl as it were, which meant we had a gradient averaging somewhere close to double figures for the first 5-6 kilometres. Not the way I like to start the day, but hey, there was no getting out of this one, with our destination Chunchi being only some 35 kilometres away.




Whilst the climb had been a little tough, once we’d reached the summit of the bowl and got back onto the main road, from where the above photo was taken, it was all downhill from there. Whilst I took the descents a little more carefully than some, which I suppose is hardly surprising, I had a fun time nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment