Translate

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Rest Day - Mendoza

Whilst last night a lot of people decided to stay in the campsite located some 10 to !5 kilometres out of town, being that it's a major city, I decided, as did many others, to take a break from the group and retire to our own hotels or what have you.....

I've got to say it's a decision I'm not regretting..... Rather than retiring to my tent, I jumped into a taxi and checked into a small Bohemian Boutique Hotel fairly close to the centre of town. As a result rather than an air mattress and sleeping bed I went to sleep on....  A bed, a room on my own for two nights - What luxury!


With time being a little short, there's so many things one needs to do on "Rest Days", such as ensuring one's laundry is done, checking that one's finances are in order though maybe that's something that's unique to me being a bean-counter) and so on I decided to get onto that first thing this morning, so that I could then spend the rest of my time in Mendoza taking in the sights, enjoying some of their wonderful wines and so on.... 

So as a result once I'd attended to these chores, I decided to get an idea of what the city was like, by getting aboard the Jump-On, Jump-Off Tourist Bus and I have to say, whilst it wasn't bad it was a little disappointing.... Sure it gave me a bit of an idea as to where I'd need to come back in order to grab some decent photos, for many of the stops, a five or ten minute stop visit would have sufficed rather than having to wait another hour for the next bus to do the circuit. 


As a result, my photos of Mendoza aren't perhaps as comprehensive as I'd perhaps like but I did get a fair bit of hiking in, having identified a couple of places I wanted to revisit by the time we'd done a complete circuit and then trudged there by foot to them rather than waiting to do another loop on the bus. Maybe I would have done it differently if I was in town a bit longer, but......

All in all, I have had a good day. I enjoyed taking in some of the city's sights (there are certain obligations as Captain of Team Tourist) and also had a couple of good meals. I have to say I am feeling so much calmer and more relaxed now than I was several days ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment