Translate

Thursday 13 November 2014

Rest Day - Bariloche

Well, it would seem that some people condone violence. Despite my assailant confessing to his wrong doing, the guys from Bike Dreams have decided NOT to throw him off the tour and as a consequence I have come to the conclusion that I will wind things up here & now.

Now a number of people have become aware that I am leaving, though I haven't personally said a great deal to anyone, and they've asked why I was leaving the group rather than cycling with them all the way to Ushuaia and I've got to be honest and say that, in part at least, I found it difficult to answer.

I mean, I know that ultimately my decision to part ways with the group doesn't affect my assailant. In fact if anything it means he "gets away with it" cause I'm not even there as a constant reminder of what he's done, but basically, it's a case of needing to feel safe.

I mean, if something happens on the streets of a city or a road I'm riding, by someone who's unknown to me that's one thing. But when a family member or someone who I've lived with for three to four months does it, then that's another....

At the very least, I've got the ability to reduce the prospect of a repeat performance, by no longer associating with said family member, etc. Now maybe some people will see that as harsh and that he deserves a second chance, but be honest - would you chance it?

Lying, being rude or providing wrongful information or what have you maybe, but physical violence? I'm not going to give ANYBODY the ability to hurt me (physically or mentally) twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment