Translate

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Villa la Angostura to Bariloche

Not knowing what transpired last night following my discussion with Rob, I felt a little reluctant to ride today and so once again I jumped on the truck and sure the possibility of my assailant lashing out again is / was perhaps a little unlikely, I simply didn't want to run the risk. Admittedly I was also a little concerned how I may or may not retaliate. 

What is interesting through is that my assailant tried to offer an apology this morning but personally suspect it was only under the coercion / suggestion of the tour company owner because if he'd really meant it, he'd have offered the apology some 24 hours earlier and of his own volition rather than hoping the whole thing wouldn't rear it's head as an issue.


It's a pity, to be on the truck, cause it was only 80 odd kilometers most of it relatively flat, all of it paved and skirting a wonderful lake. 

Ah well, better to be safe than sorry as far as I'm concerned!

You know, I cannot help but wonder what would have transpired if I'd taken a swing at him in self-defence, something I've been stewing over since. I know, I know, two wrongs don't make a right, but seriously, in Australia if (when) found guilty of an assault such as this, he'd  potentially cop up to a ten year jail term.

I'll wait to hear what Rob has to say about the issue, but having alerted the tour company of my concerns for my safety and that of other members of the group if this idiot / violent thug is permitted to stay on, my ride is over! What's more, I'll be backing anyone legally and morally who also ends up a victim of a violent attack, whether by this individual or otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. I trust that you will keep us informed of your future travels on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whilst I've got my bike with me, I'll certainly keep posting here.....

      Delete