Translate

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Buenos Aires

What does a cyclist do when he arrives in a new and very large city?

Check out what's on offer as far as bike rentals opportunities are concerned and sign up to do a cycling sightseeing tour of course. I've just got to say I'm just so glad I did. It was a brilliant way of getting a bit of an orientation of what to see & do in Buenos Aires, and where things are relative to one another.




I'm just disappointed that my Garmin bike computer is safely packed away in the bike box and that in order to directly record a day's activities into Strava using a smart phone requires an operational SIM card cause I'd love to be able to see exactly where I'd been, tomorrow for sightseeing planning purposes and down the track, as a way of reliving my trip. Ah well, shit happens!



I had a very memorable time regardless and amongst other things saw the stadium used by Bocca Juniors, probably one of the best known football clubs in all of South America (Maradona played for them).



At the conclusion of my little tour and on my way back to my hotel, admittedly I did find a cafe that sold Empanadas so I had to buy a few, along with a cold Cerveza which I subsequently enjoyed in the park above. A very fitting end to a wonderful day's sightseeing.

My Team Tourist colleagues would be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment