Translate

Thursday 4 December 2014

Buenos Aires

Well its funny, but today I started my sightseeing tour of Buenos Aires in a cemetery, Recoleta Cemeteryto be precise.

They're probably not on everybody's hit list of places to visit (they're not mine normally either) but I went because although I'd spent a few minutes there yesterday, ostensibly to see Eva Perron's crypt whilst on my cycling tour of the city, I didn't have the opportunity to explore or photograph the place properly.... I'm so glad I revisited, it's a fascinating place!



From there I wandered downtown to see Puente de la Mujer which is Spanish for "Women's Bridge", a bridge designed by Santiago Calatrava and which supposedly was fashioned to represent, the arch of a woman's back during a Tango dance....




That said however, I think you'll find the same "design" has also been used in Dublin, Ireland and Redding, California as well.

Continuing my wander through the area it quickly became apparent that this area / suburb is where the "new" rich now reside. 



Things just looked ultra modern & sleek and to top it off there's also some great art galleries in the area as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment