Translate

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Ruta de 7 Lagos to Villa la Angostura

Having been assaulted last night, by another member of the peleton, I decided against riding today, because I was a little wary of what might occur on the open road... I also needed a bit of time to decide how to tackle the issue, with the thought running through my head that I'd have a chat to the organisers, tell them what had occurred and have the $%*^ thrown off the tour. 

So what happened I hear you ask, well essentially, last night, having eaten dinner and enjoyed a couple of glasses of fine red wine, whilst talking to a friend at around ten o'clock at night, but some fifty to sixty metres from the nearest tent, I was coward punched without warning or provocation by another rider.

Surprisingly enough, NOT by the psycho who was giving me grief a couple of weeks ago.... 

No this was someone else. Someone who I personally suspect has suffered a mental breakdown as a result of heat exhaustion and self induced stress at losing his position as the fastest rider over the full length of the trip or what have you.....

My assailant walked up behind me and without saying a word, just threw a right hook which landed on my left cheek and has subsequently given me somewhat of a sore jaw. He then returned to his tent still without saying a single word. 

Fortunately or unfortunately I was so shell shocked by what had occurred that I did not respond, verbally or physically. 

Heck, I only knew who had done this, when my friend (and witness) followed him to his tent to find out who had landed the blow and why, at which point she allegedly came across the guy simply muttering "He was sick of the noise in campsites"!


With no apology having been sought, I've just informed Rob (one of the tour company owner's) what occurred 24 hours previously. He's indicated that he'll have a talk to the assailant but didn't think that he'd be removing the guy from the tour....


No comments:

Post a Comment