Translate

Friday 25 December 2015

Time for a bit of an upgrade!

Obviously I've been a good lad this year, cause whilst there's no way I'd ever have suggested it as a Christmas present, someone must have taken a peek at my "Shopping Wishlist" or had Santa whisper something in her shell like......

For guess what I received as a present today. 


My current Garmin 500, which is now close to six years old is dropping out from time to time, corrupting the data which and whilst is sometimes salvageable, but also has also resulted in my losing an entire ride's history being scrubbed will now find a home permanently on the Surly Troll (unless I heading on an international trip of one form or another) or am doing something particularly notable! Now if only I knew how to:
  • Install my new toy on the roadie! What's that you say - Read the instructions - Can't! 
          I am a typical Aussie bloke and will only read them if I can't figure it out for myself after several hours or days of trying
  • Do a Restore Factory Settings to my old Garmin so that I can properly set it up for the Troll
          Who knows that may even get rid of the little glitches I was having!

Either way though, given the nature of this wonderful gift, I am going to have to get on my bike and pedal myself silly, to ensure that it's really utilised during 2016 and beyond. I just wonder where it will end up seeing me go?! 

My 500 having been through Europe & Sth America....

No comments:

Post a Comment